Cloud computing is This guide will introduce you to Cloud Storage
It is true that whether you know terms like Cloud, Cloud storage or Cloud computing or not, every day whether or not you are intentionally exposed to it every hour. These seemingly unfamiliar concepts are closely linked with the daily life of people with the speed of development per second. However, it is still not too late for you to begin to understand it!
Today's article will help you get the most basic, easy to understand and intuitive knowledge about the concept of Cloud storage? What is cloud storage? and the way this technology is still operating around you.
Cloud storage - What is cloud storage?
Cloud storage or cloud storage is a term used to refer to the actions to store, organize, manage, share, and back up the data of an individual who owns it on an external storage system. maintained by suppliers (or third parties). This service allows customers or users to have access to all their files remotely at any geographical location.
This service allows customers or users to have access to all their files remotely at any geographical location.
That is, instead of storing information to your computer's hard drive or other local storage devices such as usb, you save it to a remote database. Your computer will be connected to that database via the internet, and thanks to the internet connection, you will be able to access the data you need via desktop applications or online web applications.
Take a simple example: If you are uploading something to your Google Drive, you are uploading a data file to the cloud storage. And in this case, Google is the provider of cloud storage services.
Features used by cloud storage
Automatic backup (automicly backup):
One of the big data problems that cloud storage solves is the ability to back up data automatically. Having to transfer data manually from one hard drive to another hard drive just takes time and effort is a thing of the past. Your data will always be guaranteed with copies available on your online accounts. And even if the backup process is interrupted by a power failure, it will continue automatically when the machine starts up again.
Data recovery (Recovery):
This function solves a lot of trouble, annoyed by the risk of losing important data and can not be recovered when the device fails, corrupts, or lost ... Knowing that your data is always somewhere in the cloud, and you can access them anytime just with the internet to create flexibility and proactive work for users.
Testing, testing and deploying software (Testing):
Cloud storage is characterized by high performance, flexibility in scale and low cost. As a result, creating multiple independent environments with each other but still ensuring the similarities to test or test the application software will be easier to manage.
Share and move data in the cloud (Sharing):
The problem that all users and businesses face is the increasing volume of storage, especially for businesses, which makes them forced to find storage solutions to ensure stability and availability. as well as reasonable cost to use. However, moving a large amount of data to the cloud can make managers worry about time and security. This can be solved with data transfer services to the cloud with high bandwidth, safety and security.
Technology used in cloud storage
You may be wondering about the data security of cloud storage or cloud storage services. Often they will use security algorithms to ensure your information is always available and secure.
Encryption: encrypt information with complex algorithm combinations. To decrypt these encrypted files, users need an "encrypted" key. Although it is possible to crack encrypted information, most hackers cannot gain access to the resources needed to decode the information.
Authentication: The authentication process, requires creating a username and password.
Authorization practices: A protocol that lists authorized users to access information stored on a cloud system. Corporations almost have multiple levels of authorization. For example, low-level employees often have very limited access to data stored on the cloud, while the head of the organization may have broad access to the files.
Benefits of Cloud Storage
The objects using cloud storage technology are divided into two main groups: general users or end users (end users) and enterprises.
- Convenient, fast, easy: As mentioned, you can forget about being miserable by duplicating files for important meetings, instead, all you need to do is drag and drop files on the interface. User-friendly interface, simple and optimal.
- High availability: Users can safely access and work with their data anywhere, anytime with internet connection. With the current level of internet development, this is not too big a problem.
- Save time: Most cloud storage services have high bandwidth, so it can save you a lot of valuable time. Instead of waiting for the file to download via the mail for almost half a day, just paste the link and choose to share.
- Save money: Finally, the biggest physical benefit one can get from cloud storage is the huge cost savings for expensive hard drives while using a large amount of space. The amount of free is not small. In the case of paying the fee, you only have to pay according to the actual use demand.
- Save time and space: Deploy quickly, reducing data transfer time. No space required for device storage.
- High flexibility: Allow communication, perform work seamlessly, quickly, help increase job performance.
- Improve security, restore damage: As said, copies of your data are always somewhere in the cloud, so with cloud storage, risks such as data loss, theft or The destruction is solved.
- Cost savings: The cost issue is always the conundrum of every business. Therefore, cloud sotarge will help businesses save a huge amount of money for hardware, hard drives or expensive maintenance and upgrades.
The shift in technology and application of technology are becoming more and more widespread nowadays. This means whether you want it or not, knowing it or not will sooner or later take you away at a speed that is measured in seconds. So the best way is to capture it as quickly as possible because surely you will benefit greatly from these great technologies!
Website of Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations
License number: 169 / GP-TTĐT, dated October 31, 2012
Head of Editorial Department: DANG VU
The Vietnam Union system was founded with 15 members. Currently, that number has risen to 148, including 86 national industry associations and 63 local associations. In addition, in the system of the Vietnam Union, there are more than 500 scientific and technological research units established under Decree 81 (now Decree 08); over 200 newspapers, magazines, electronic newspapers, newsletters, specialties, electronic news sites.